A new multimedia/mplayer?

bf bf2006a at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 16:11:19 PST 2008

We are using the 1.0rc2 mplayer tarball, which is marked as "outdated" on the
mplayer website, and subject to many problems ( including recent serious
security problems CVE 2008-4866-9 ).  In a recent discussion on the mplayer
mailing lists, developers said that they were unlikely to release a new
tarball anytime soon ( but if you know differently, please let us know), and
that they recommended that everyone who was able to should use a more recent
svn snapshot.  Can we therefore switch multimedia/mplayer to a recent svn
snapshot, to take advantage of the many bugfixes and improvements in svn?

Regards,
            b.