Intel 82801I hda, STAC9271D codec: problem(s)

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Nov 12 09:57:13 PST 2008

And one more thing, glimpsed from linux:
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.27.5/sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c#L690

It seems that they program Volume Knob widget to use direct control of
sub-ordinate amplifiers and set the volume to max.
I hacked our driver to do the same by adding the following:

+#if 1
+       if (w->type == HDA_PARAM_AUDIO_WIDGET_CAP_TYPE_VOLUME_WIDGET) {
+               hdac_command(sc,
+                   HDA_CMD_SET_VOLUME_KNOB(cad, nid, 0xff), cad);
+       }
+#endif

And it seems that I got louder volume with the same mixer settings as
before. But maybe this is a psychological effect.

--
Andriy Gapon