CFT: MythTV Fixes

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Nov 10 15:19:26 PST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:19:20 +0100
Bernhard Froehlich <decke at bluelife.at> wrote:

> I've attached a patch that should fix that nasty problem now and also

With the attached patch, mythtv-frontend compiles fine. Thanks!

> Playing Sherlock: The murder was your locale which triggered a bug in
> the configure script that uses "tr" to translate words into upper and
> lowercase. I've seen that because in my config.h there is

Interesting. I guess it is one of these then:
root at kg-vm# echo $LANG
en_US.ISO8859-1
root at kg-vm# echo $G_FILENAME_ENCODING
ISO-8859-1
root at kg-vm#

> All "z" got replaced by "]" instead of "Z" which seems to be a
> weirdness of locales and "tr". The mythtv developers have already
> found and fixed that in trunk so i have taken that few lines and
> created a patch for that issue.

Ugh. One shouldn't use tr on source code without verifying locale
functions. Luckily the MythTV developers saw that too.

> Thanks for your kind help to track this one down, that was really an
> interesting one!

No problem, I have an interest in MythTV on FreeBSD. :-)
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen