FusionHDTV 5 RT requirements

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Mon Nov 10 11:16:44 PST 2008

Kevin Downey wrote this message on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:01 -0800:
> I am thinking of getting a FusionHDTV 5 RT tuner, but I am worried
> about my current video recording box.
> (dmesg bits)
>
> CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2500+ (1399.85-MHz K8-class CPU)
> usable memory = 527552512 (503 MB)
>
> what kind of machines are people using to do capture with these cards?

I'd just get an HDHomeRun instead.  You get dual tuners, and a company
that supports their products on other OS's like FreeBSD.  I'm thinking
of picking up a seconds one and getting rid of my two FusionHDTV 5 Lite
cards...  Though it you still want analog, the HDHomeRun doesn't support
it, only ATSC (aka 8vsb) or QAM digital broadcasts...

With my FusionHDTV 5 Lite cards, if I did a record and sent out a stream
via the em ethernet card on the same PCI bus, I would get bus overruns,
causing video corruptions...   Not a good card if you can't even put
5MB/sec on the bus w/o issues...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579