Intel 82801I hda, STAC9271D codec: problem(s)

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 5 01:10:03 PST 2008

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> I have Intel DG33TL (BLKDG33TLM) mainboard based on G33 chipset, it
> features Sigmatel STAC9271D HDA codec.
> http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/DG33TL/DG33TL-overview.htm
>
> I use stable/7 (amd64) as of yesterday.
> I tried both unpatched snd_hda and slightly tweaked "new snd_hda" via
> hda.7.20080913.patch.

I didn't have uploaded new patches since first commit to the -CURRENT. I
have just uploaded latest (20081030) diffs against 7-STABLE and complete
directory archive from 8-CURRENT. Try them please and report what you
will get.

According to logs you should get analog playback by pcm0 via rear
connectors and front headphones with audio redirection on jack
detection, plus digital playback via pcm1. pcm0 recording will work with
rear mic and line-in connectors, pcm1 recording will use front mic
connector. As always it is widely configurable, read -CURRENT man page
for details.

--
Alexander Motin