pointers to a generic firefox wrapper for unix applications

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Fri May 23 15:46:37 UTC 2008

Hi,
recently we have started a small project to write a wrapper
to run generic X applications within a firefox window:

http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD/app-wrapper.html

To some degree, it is similar to the existing 'www/mozplugger'
(we were not aware of its existence when we started),

	http://mozplugger.mozdev.org/

So if someone is curious and wants to try one or both...

Note, our code is at a very initial stage, though it is very
simple so i don't expect it will be hard to fix any bugs.

As for mozplugger (i.e. the pre-existing application that does
a similar thing), i have to say that it has some nice features
that I am really envious about :)
e.g. it can swallow generic X windows within the browser, which
is interesting because some apps do not have an option to
run in an externally-supplied window.

	cheers
	luigi