ports/114573: multimedia/vlc-devel doesn't compile when the QT4 option is selected

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Mar 20 18:40:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/114573; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rafa=EBl_Carr=E9?= <funman at videolan.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, sbenabas at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/114573: multimedia/vlc-devel doesn't compile when the
	QT4 option is selected
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:17:18 +0100

 --=-tAxQj5WbjnhfomGNiPGJ

 Hello,

 I want to clear some problems for you:

 try removing (and backing up if you might want it) ~/.vlc
 then running qvlc again.

 On vlc 0.9.0 the configuration is stored in ~/.config/vlc
 The plugins cache is in ~/.cache/vlc

 Please delete both, and run "vlc -vvv --list" to check if plugins are
 loaded correctly.

 % LANG=3Dfr_FR.UTF-8 qvlc
 (...)
 [00000001] main libvlc debug: translation test: code is "i."
 (...)

 % LANG=3Dpl_PL.UTF-8 qvlc
 (...)
 [00000001] main libvlc debug: translation test: code is "jt=C3=B3w"
 (...)

 I don't know the exact cause but sometimes po get built crappily, I did
 not experience this problem recently but the workaround was to remake
 the po files in the source dir, and overwrite system-installed .mo
 files.

 --=20
 Rafa=C3=ABl Carr=C3=A9 <funman at videolan.org>

 --=-tAxQj5WbjnhfomGNiPGJ