ports/123327: Port fix: graphics/libcaca - CONFIGURE_ENV incorrectly set

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
Thu Jun 19 12:03:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:04:05 GMT, pav wrote

Hi Pav,

> Why is this patch needed? It builds without the patch, and manages to
> link to ncursesw.

Without this patch, special LDFLAGS are simply overridden because appended a
second time to CONFIGURE_ENV by bsd.efl.mk :

# In bsd.efl.mk :
#[...]
#
# Initialize configure enviropment
#
CONFIGURE_ENV+= CPPFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include" \
                CFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include ${CFLAGS}" \
                LDFLAGS="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib ${LDFLAGS}"
#[...]

This leads to loosing '-lm -lncurses' in LDFLAGS. The solution is to set those
two flags in ${LDFLAGS} rather than directly in CONFIGURE_ENV.

make -V CONFIGURE_ENV shows this :

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lm -lncurses" [...]
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib " [...]

(Note that there is the same problem with CPPFLAGS and CFLAGS.)

You can reproduce this bug by building vlock with CACASAVER option set to ON and
try to launch 'vlock -n -t 5 caca' after having added your account to group
vlock:*:129:. It fails to load the screen saver, unless this patch is used...

Best regards,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
http://www.martymac.com