pvrxxx recording

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Sun Jun 1 06:31:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:33:56PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> >mkfifo $TMP_PREFIX.wav
> >lame --decode $TMP_PREFIX.mp2 $TMP_PREFIX.wav
>
> As one of the lame developers: lame is not a decoder, it is a encoder.
> You are better off by using an decoder to decode this. I would use
> madplay.

Sure, but it does the job to decode as well.  I just was giving the example
of what I use.  I use lame because I rip my CDs with it.

> >then encode into AC3 using multimedia/ffmpeg:
> >
> >ffmpeg -i $TMP_PREFIX.wav -y -vn -ab 192000 -acodec ac3 -ar 48000 -ac 2 \
> >	$TMP_PREFIX.ac3
>
> ffmpeg does not understand mp2 inputs?

Hmm, I don't recall.  I spent a lot of time setting up my current scripts
to work, and once they did I stopped caring.  If it's not broke, don't fix
it.  I do have troubles sometimes if my cuts aren't right and the demux
creates mp3 or mp1 files.  Bah!

-- Rick C. Petty