bktr and kodikom 4400R

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Fri Jul 11 13:17:54 UTC 2008

Στις Friday 11 July 2008 15:50:49 ο/η Mark Tinguely έγραψε:

> >  Hi i just bought a clone of kodikom 4400R from ebay and i have not managed to get
> >  any video out of it.
> >  The system detects the 4 chips on the card. In the same machine i also have a single chip linuxmedialabs card
> >  which works good for over a year.
> >  The 4 chips are detected as /dev/bktr0 - > /dev/bktr3, and the lml (previously /dev/bktr0) now as /dev/bktr4
> >
> >  My question is that whether i have a foundamental problem with the card or should i keep trying.
>
> The kodicom 4400 has 4 Brooktree capture chips, a transparent PCI bridge
> and a video crossbar.
>
> The patch programs the crossbar so you can route the video signal from
> one of the 16 inputs to a particular capture chip. many versions of this
> card has 4 BNC video inputs, they are crossbar inputs 0-3. Additionally
> there is also set of riser pins for all 16 inputs. The patch intially
> programs the crossbar so input 0 goes to the first capture chip, etc.

Thanx for the info.
However before doing that, one thing puzzles me.
my version of the card is:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/2/2/5/5/6/webimg/55209639_o.jpg
however the one that i received seems to have one chip missing
http://matrix.gatewaynet.com/panix/kodikom4400r-problem.jpg

Is that chip essential?

--
Achilleas Mantzios