Flash plugin on 7.0, what are my options?

Mon Jan 14 09:08:59 PST 2008

Quoting eculp <eculp at encontacto.net> (from Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:55:09 -0600):

> Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>:
>
>> Quoting Marcus Alves Grando <mnag at FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 14 Jan
>> 2008 00:06:09 -0200):

>>> I don't know about linuxpluginwrapper, but
>>> www/nspluginwrapper+www/linux-flashplugin7+www/firefox work's fine on
>>> mostly cases.
>>
>> If you run the 32bit version of FreeBSD. For 64bit I would be
>> surprised if it works (flashplugin is 32bit, and the native firefox
>>  would be 64bit, this doesn't work together, you could try with
>> linux-firefox in this case, as it is 32bit too).
>
> Thanks for the tip Alexander.  Linux-firefox does start flash on
> youtube.com for example but crashes within a few seconds on AMD64 for

Isn't youtube flash8 or better?

> me.  This could be a problem with the linux and linux kernels that I'm
> using.  I'm going to keep trying to get a wining combination and this
> could be a start.

Amd74 may need a little bit of caretaking in the linuxulator (kernel part)...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
  Leela: And nappster says illegal copies never hurt anybody.