Flash plugin on 7.0, what are my options?

Sergio Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 05:21:03 PST 2008

Em Seg, 2008-01-14 às 11:30 +0100, Alexander Leidinger escreveu:

> Quoting Marcus Alves Grando <mnag at FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 14 Jan 2008
> 00:06:09 -0200):
>
> > Baldur Gislason wrote:
> >> I recently installed 7.0-RC1 and I really want to get flash
> >> working in some web browser.
> >> What is a known working combination of browser+flash plugin?
> >> I noted that linuxpluginwrapper doesn't compile under FreeBSD 7.0
> >
> > I don't know about linuxpluginwrapper, but
> > www/nspluginwrapper+www/linux-flashplugin7+www/firefox work's fine on
> > mostly cases.

I run FreeBSD64 with epiphany and flashplugin7... and it works without
problems
and very fast...

All I did is  update the ports tree using portsnap
portsnap fetch [extract | update]  and then
install the nspluginwrapper, linux-flashplugin7  using portinstall
portinstall -p nspluginwrapper linux-flashplugin7
than I insert a line in /etc/xprofile.....

export G_FILENAME_ENCODING=UTF-8
nspluginwrapper -v -a -i

so everytime I log-in (using gdm)   it updates the plugin wrapper....
It just works...
About the flashplugin9...  it does not work still...
I am thinking another aproach... based on opensolaris...
somewhere in future (soon, I hope) sun will make flashplugin work
on opensolaris... and with a binary emulation, will make things work in
FreeBSD too.  I will receive the dvd from sun soon, and will give it a
try
to evaluate the possibilities... A previous iso image from internet
shows
very good..   in my notebook...

Sergio