Hda patch from this day

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 28 22:23:22 UTC 2008

Raoul_MXgXlas wrote:
> 2. i can't change recsrc to line, it stays on mic.
> .../mixer +rec line -> rec = mic

Your ALC260 codec does not support recording from several selected
sources same time. So if you try, it will just select first one,
probably first one is mic. Use
mixer =rec line
to select only that source. +rec just tries to add one more source to
selected now set.

> 3. on mic, the source is the external jack: (line) which is active
> and not the internal mic.
>
> but i can record from this jack, and of course playback.
> of course not from the internal mic.
> do i miss something here?

As I can see from dmesg in one of your mails, you BIOS declares only one
available record source - external mic. If you really have more sources
- you should give driver a hint where are they and what are they. For
example:
hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid19.config="as=1 seq=2 device=Mic conn=Fixed"

--
Alexander Motin