snd_hda UAA patch second preview

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 26 15:29:04 UTC 2008

Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
I will look to your message close a bit lately, but this part looks very
strange:

hdac0: <HDA Codec #1: Unknown Codec>
hdac0: <HDA Codec ID: 0xffffffff>

Looks like driver sees some other codec on your board, but that codec
does not functions correctly. That may lead to such strange results as
you see while driver trying to get something from that codec. Previous
driver supported only one codec per controller so it could just ignore
that strange second one.

Could you somehow grab part of output before that error messages or for
example temporarily comment them out to let me see the beginning.

--
Alexander Motin