problem with Intel 82801H - only through headphone

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 13 10:51:47 UTC 2008

Hi.

Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:
> Forget about that patch. Alexander Motin announced today on
> -multimedia a major snd_hda driver rewrite. I suggest you to use his
> patch instead of mine. I suppose that you subscribe -multimedia, but
> here is a link to the announcement, just in case:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2008-August/008922.html

I have looked into STAC9228 datasheet and I think that playback should
work good with my patch. Same time recording may work not so good as
there is two stage input multiplexing scheme is used in this codec for
which neither original nor my driver aren't ready yet.

Angel, if you will try my patch send me please complete verbose dmesg
output from it, I will try to think about it.

--
Alexander Motin