transcode: 1.0.5_3 => 1.0.6_1 fails at configure (gnome-config)

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Aug 7 13:49:01 UTC 2008

on 07/08/2008 16:29 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 07/08/2008 15:11 Rainer Hurling said the following:
>> Hi Andriy,
>>
>> Martin Lesser reported a patch to this a few days ago on multimedia at . It
>> works well for me.
>>
>> Obviously it did not found the right way in the ports tree until now.
>
> I don't think that this is the same problem - in my case configure stage
> fails, not the compilation.

Looks like the issue I reported before might have been a red herring.
>From config.log:
configure:27697: checking for avcodec_thread_init in -lavcodec
configure:27732: cc -o conftest -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
-pipe -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=athlon64
-I/compat/linux/usr/include/divx -isystem /usr/include -isystem
/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c
-lavcodec -L/usr/local/lib -lavcodec -lm -lz   >&5
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/usr/local/lib/libgpac.so.1: undefined reference to `pthread_attr_init'

So, hmm, -pthread is needed but is not given by configure.
I added '-pthread' to LDFLAGS in CONFIGURE_ENV and after that configure
script succeeded. But this is probably a too big hummer for this nail.

Also, I still believe that incorrect pkg-config package names (e.g.
FFmpeg vs libavcodec, mpeg2dec vs libmpeg2) should be fixed in the
configure script. But that is probably for upstream to do.

--
Andriy Gapon