[FreeBSD 7.0] broken MIDI support on SB !LIVE

hondareyte.luc hondareyte.luc at laposte.net
Fri Apr 25 09:29:09 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I would like to use "fluidsynth" on FreeBSD 7.0 with a SB! LIVE (SND_EMU_10k1) and an external MIDI device (A Fatar Keyboard SL161). I know that the MIDI support is experimental, but in my case, it is unworkable.
I have only one MIDI device available (/dev/midi0.0). When I play, there is no sound, but after some fifty notes played, I can hear a note, from time to time with latency. It seems that /dev/midi0.0 is buffered when it's supposed to be a raw device. Is there a specific ioctl option to drive the device in raw mode?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Luc

 Créez votre adresse électronique prénom.nom at laposte.net
 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.