HEADS UP: upgrading ImageMagick to 6.4.0-6

Mikhail Teterin mi+mill at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Apr 15 21:35:48 UTC 2008

Hello!

I'd like to upgrade the ImageMagick port to 6.4.0-X version some time soon.
There are some changes in the locations of include files and libraries, as
well as library names.

Backward-compatibility was never a concern for IM developers :-( so I'm
contacting you as maintainers of ports, which depend on ImageMagick...

Below is the diff. I can not wait for everyone to say "yeah", of course --
just giving you a fore-warning. Still, if you see something right away, let
me know...

Thanks! Yours,

 -mi

P.S. It is probably best to switch as much stuff as possible to GraphicsMagick
-- a fork of IM, which emphasises stability of the API and
backwards-compatibility...