Skype-2.0 is here!

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 15 18:16:11 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008, Stefan Lambrev said:
> Great news.
>
> The only problem is that if I set OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f7 (or
> fc6) in make.conf
> I'm unable to install audio/linux-alsa-lib.
>
> Now can someone point me to what cameras are supported under
> FreeBSD ? :))
>
> Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > Finally, skype-devel has been updated to the new 2.0.0.68
> > version. This is the one that includes video and any input to get
> > this (video) going is appreciated. Everything else seems to work
> > as advertised.
> >
> > If you're going to update to this version, please read
> > UPDATING-20080318.
> >
> > Enjoy,
> >
> > Beech

I believe there is a patch to deal with that, I'll check today. In the
mean time just comment out the override line in your /etc/make.conf
and skype will build fine :-)

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html