linux-kmod-compat and linux-gspca-kmod updated

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Wed Apr 9 22:10:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 07:44:53AM -0500, eculp wrote:
> Quoting Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at iet.unipi.it>:
>
> >for those interested, i have finally updated the two ports
> >in the subject so that they build on RELENG_7 - you should
> >now be able to use webcams there as well.
> >

> If it works on RELENG_7 I am assuming that it should work on CURRENT
> and on AMD64.  On my amd64 laptop I have tried to build the port
> several times and consistently get the following error with a
> redefinition of msleep.
>
> In file included from gspca_core.c:39:
> /usr/local/share/linux-kmod-compat/linux_compat/linux/module.h:212:1:
> error: "msleep" redefined
> In file included from
> /usr/local/share/linux-kmod-compat/linux_compat/linux/module.h:45,
>                  from gspca_core.c:39:
> @/sys/systm.h:305:1: error: this is the location of the previous definition
> In file included from gspca_core.c:52:
> /usr/local/share/linux-kmod-compat/linux_compat/linux/usb.h:171:12:
> error: missing terminating ' character
> *** Error code 1
>
> This followed a rebuild of linux-kmod-compat.  Any suggestions on

the above error "missing terminating ' character" was present in the
old version and removed in the commit i did yesterday.
i think you have not updated and reinstalled properly the
linux-kmod-compat port - perhaps the best way is to
deinstall both linux-kmod-compat and linux-gspca-kmod,
then update the ports directory and reinstall both.

cheers
luigi