ports/122305: gst-inspect-0.10 hangs when checking for playbin, audioconvert, audioresample, gconfaudiosink, and gconfaudiosrc plugins

Keith Gaughan keith.gaughan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:20:04 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/122305; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Keith Gaughan" <keith.gaughan at gmail.com>
To: "Michael Johnson" <ahze at freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/122305: gst-inspect-0.10 hangs when checking for playbin, audioconvert, audioresample, gconfaudiosink, and gconfaudiosrc plugins
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:13:41 +0100

 On 02/04/2008, Michael Johnson <ahze at freebsd.org> wrote:

 > Nothing looks odd so far, can you send me the output of 'gst-inspect' and
 > do you have CPUTYPE set?

 Out of interest, I tried uninstalling all the GStreamer plugin ports,
 and progressively reinstalled them. gst-inspect was find and producing
 the expected output until after the GnomeVFS plugin was installed. As
 soon as that was finished, it began to hang. This fits with some other
 problems I've been having on my machine, such as GNOME/GTK
 applications hanging when I open file dialogs of various kinds,
 amongst other things.

 It might be worth reassigning this as a GnomeVFS bug.

 --
 Keith Gaughan / talideon.com