audio card advice - juli@ or Prodigy hd2

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Thu Apr 3 03:01:49 UTC 2008

Hey Jim:

Apparently I typo'd my subscription request so will have to break the
threading to reply...

>OK, let's do a little trouble shooting here.  Is the hum the same
>whether cables hooked up or not?  Have you tried a different power
>supply with the monitors?

Only when plugged into the onboard sound card.  By different power
supply I assume you mean the workstation PSU, in wh/case yes.  Corsair
and Enermax but same model mb, same result.

I suppose I could round up an old SB Live and test it but I'm too lazy
just now and pretty sure it's onboard related.  Specially since can
also hear artifacts when I'm working the drives, e.g. installing world.

--
jim smith <n0oct at sbcglobal.net>

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>