sound documentation for the snd_hda (Nvidia)

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Fri Nov 30 16:32:26 PST 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 at 17:02 -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:

> The comment in hdac.c is quite clear and definite that it IS going
> to need a rewrite, that's why I have been asking this.  Do you know
> this to be true, or false, or is this maybe a guess?
>
> But, no matter how well-intentioned, no more guesses, they're just
> going to confuse me more.

I'm sorry if this isn't as informative or definitive as you (or I)
would like.  But a couple of minor "facts" gleaned from the CVS logs:

The comment you refer to was in the original code committed by ariff
on 01-Oct-06.  Since then there have been almost 47 further commits on
trunk (mostly by ariff).  There have been ~20 commits so far in 2007
and 3 in November 2007.  It looks like ariff is working on this fairly
actively.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone