Miro (Democracy) player port is here...

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Nov 18 13:24:15 PST 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:06:26 -0600, Randy Pratt <bsd-unix at embarqmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:58:24 -0600
> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:50:17 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:08:20 -0600, Randy Pratt
>> > <bsd-unix at embarqmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > Good, I have updated miro.shar in the same place. Thanks too!

>> too
>> >
>> > Ummm... It doesn't give enough info.. Can you see *.core file in
>> there?
>> > If you do, then try to run this:
>> >
>> > 	# gdb foo foo.core
>> > 	# bt
>> > 	# bt full
>> >
>> > You might have to reinstall miro with debug (WITH_DEBUG=yes). I will
>> > have to recheck in my build log to make sure everything compile with
>> > -pthread.
>>
>> BTW: Try to run something like 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpthread.so miro'
>> (or /usr/lib/libthr.so) to see if it works for you. If it does, then
>> will
>> have to search somewhere that need to add -pthread. I don't have FreeBSD
>> 6.x box anymore, so you or someone will have to keep test for me. ;-)
>
> There was no joy in trying either of those.  It produced the same
> core dump.

You are right about your backtraces don't help in other email.

> These are the /var/db/ports/*/options settings I have pertaining to
> threads:
>
>   boehm-gc/options:WITHOUT_THREADING=true
>   boost/options:WITH_THREADS=true
>   ilmbase/options:WITHOUT_THREAD=true
>   python/options:WITH_THREADS=true
>   python24/options:WITH_THREADS=true
>   python25/options:WITH_THREADS=true
>   ruby/options:WITHOUT_PTHREADS=true
>   sqlite3/options:WITH_THREADS=true

That is only one different from mine. I left sqlite3 by default, no enable
thread. I have checked each files and build log, it looks like it has
nothing to do with missing -pthread. You can try to disable thread on
sqlite3 to see if it helps.

>   stunnel/options:WITH_PTHREAD=true
>
> Certainly I'll help debug this on 6.x.  During the ports freeze
> there's not much ports excitement going on (for me ;-)

I am clueless at the moment, I need to dig in Miro's website to see if
there have any info about how to debug on miro.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Randy

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org