Skype-1.4 on 6.2 (and 7.0-BETA1)

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Thu Nov 1 04:08:58 PDT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:43:18 -0800 Beech Rintoul wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Adi Pircalabu said:
[...]
> you could try updating your linux_base to  fc6 and see if that solves
> the problem. I don't want to force 6.x users to update to fc6 or mark
> this broken until I find out for sure what the problem is.

In /usr/ports/UPDATING I found this extras:

"20070327:
  AFFECTS: users of emulators/linux_base-fc6
  AUTHOR: bsam at FreeBSD.org

  ATTENTION! The port is experimental for now. Use it at your own risk.
  This port may be used only with 7-CURRENT and
  compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16."

Am I supposed to successfully install & run linux_base-fc6 on 6.2?
Yesterday I tried linux_base-f7 with no success, should I expect to use
linux_base-fc6? I'll give it a try in my sparetime and come back, most
probably on emulation@

> As I said earlier I am going to put skype12 back in the tree after
> the freeze.

Downgrading to skype12 solved the problem atm.
Thanks

--
Adi Pircalabu