GOPchop replacement?

Tue May 29 07:53:28 UTC 2007

Quoting "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com> (from Mon, 28
May 2007 21:42:31 -0500):

> So I use avidemux2 to mark the cut spots, save the project, and I have a
> python program which converts avidemux2 project files into dvbcut project
> files.  I've also been requantizing the video to DVD quality because my
> tuner card records at broadcast quality MPEG2 (15 Mbit/s) which is too high
> for DVD..  For this, I use another python script which uses a combination
> of mpgtx, lame, ffmpeg, transcode, and mjpegtools and also converts the MP2
> into AC3.

MP2 (MPEG audio Layer 2) -> AC3?

At which AC3 bitrate? If it is not lower than the MP2 bitrate, this
conversation is worthless.

Why lame when you convert to AC3?

Is recode integrated into transcode/ffmpeg? If not, maybe it worth to
give it a try, it's a requantizer and doesn't need to decode and then
reencode.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I spilled spot remover on my dog and now he's gone.
		-- Stephen Wright