Which TV capture card to buy?

tweek tweek.20k at gmail.com
Fri May 25 03:08:38 UTC 2007

Anyone have recommendations for a card that will mostly work in FreeBSD?

I currently have an old STB bt878 OEM card I purchased for $10 off of
eBay; never could get audio working on it, worked alright in Windows.
I currently have a $100 USB tuner (XtremeTV PVR660) that I'm not that
impressed with.

I only need something that has little or no delay (my current tuner
has a 1s delay which is extremely annoying) and is cheap.

Also, what happened to the SAA driver's site, www.purpe.com ? Is the
driver still being maintained, or should I just avoid SAAxxxx cards?

- Lucas