HeadSet usb?

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:40:27 UTC 2007

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > [USB headset no longer working]
> I suspect you made some changes in "mixer.c", that might affect the SOFTPCM
> volume or something like that.

Ok guys, this is embarrasing. After lots of kernel recompiling, I looked
for other reasons of my silent headset. Looks like it has to do with
the mixer all along, but in an entirely different manner.

$ mixer -f /dev/mixer1
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Recording source: mic

This is my normal mixer output for this headset. Strange thing is, that
the 'mic' level functions like a genuine 'vol' level. It affects both
playback and recording, though.

Weird, huh?

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."