Updated mythtv-fixes port

Geoff Buckingham geoffb at chuggalug.clues.com
Sun Mar 25 11:43:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 06:57:25PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Geoff Buckingham <geoffb at chuggalug.clues.com> (from Sat, 24
> Mar 2007 15:15:36 +0000):
>
> >The CPU detection only gets used if the mythtv configure isn't given the
> >relevent arguments. It should be possible to get the port's makefile
> >to add these if required.
>
> Note: The port should not assume any specific processor in the
> PACAKGE_BUILDING case (maybe i486 or better). And I'm not sure if it
> should do the CPU detection by default in all other cases. To be on
> the safe side, make it an option.

While I agree the PACAKAGE_BUILDING case must produce a genuinly portable
binary. I can not see the point in deliberatly making it difficult to
get equivalent performance to the various Linux distros.
Realisticly most folk tring to run myth are going to have i686 or better with
MMX.(Having a working via unichrome kernel module may change this)

My incliniation is the port should self tune, unless PACKAGE_BUILDING or
there a optimisation flags from make.conf.