AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid FM PCI & PCCCARD

Konstantin Dimitrov kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:27:40 UTC 2007

On 3/21/07, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 March 2007 at 12:08:37 +0000, Da Rock wrote:
> > Ok guys, I know I might be pretty new to this but I think we need to get
> > this card worked out here. I have a laptop that I want to put BSD on, but I
> > have a TV tuner which is incompatible. I also know that I'm not the only
> > one who can't get this card to work. And so far all we've gotten from the
> > manufacturer is a brush off.
> >
> > This card works well, just not under windows... and I know that it will be
> > exceptional under BSD once it can be added.
>
> You don't say which card you're talking about.  The subject line
> discusses two, but the attachment shows something completely
> different.

we're talking about:

1) AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid+FM Cardbus
2) AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid+FM PCI (A16D)

from driver point of view 1) and 2) should be the same card, because
"CardBus is effectively a 32-bit, 33 MHz PCI bus in the PC card form
factor" and they both use "Philips SAA7135HL PCI Audio/Video Broadcast
Decoder" + "Xceive XC3018 Silicon Tuner" + "Intel (formerly Zarlink)
MT352 Digital Terrestrial TV Demodulator", thus only their form factor
is different and form factor doesn't matter for the driver.

3) AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid+FM PCI (A16AR) is different card, because
it uses Philips Tuner instead of Xceive Tuner.