MythTV - MythWeb works

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri Mar 16 23:45:50 UTC 2007

FYI, I have just installed MythWeb (manually) on my FreeBSD MythBackend.
I used the following
- Apache 2.0.59 from ports/www/apache20 (default install)
- PHP 4.4.5 from ports/lang/php4 (enabled the Apache module)
- ports/lang/php4-extensions (default install, just to get MySQL
  support)
- MythWeb from the mythplugins source tarball at mythtv.org

Following the instructions in the MythWeb readme, I created the
directory /usr/local/www/mythweb and copied all MythWeb files into it.

The main job is configuring Apache, which mainly is
the /usr/local/etc/apache2/http.conf file.
First I added php support as per the instructions of the php port.
For MythWeb I added
Alias /mythweb/ "/usr/local/www/mythweb/"
<Directory "/usr/local/www/mythweb/" >
        Options         FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride   All
</Directory>
You don't have to use "Alias", other ways are possible.
Finally, I read the .htaccess file and set up authentication per the
instructions.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,