nosound freebsd 6.2 and asus w6f

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 15 03:26:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:02:34 +0300
Äìèòðèé <parias at nm.ru> wrote:
> Çäðàâñòâóéòå, ariff.
>
> I have no working ICH-7 HDA-sound with the your
> latest drivers
> (http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/lowlatency/sndkld_releng6_i386_lo
> wlatency.tar.gz dated by 2007-Mar-12) . I attached my report and
> kernel configuration files ('report.txt' and 'eva').
>
> Machine: asus w6f notebook (core duo).
> OS: freebsd 6.2
>
> I hope that helps. And what else can i do?

sysctl debug.bootverbose=1 ; kldunload snd_hda ; kldload snd_hda ;
dmesg | grep ^pcm > i_want_this_output . Make sure GNOME/KDE is
not started yet. Exit X, logout, kill them all, etc.

Consider joining #freebsd-azalia @ irc.freenode.net. Faster and easier
for you/me to solve it.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........