MythTV on amd64 - further testing

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Mar 14 22:15:09 UTC 2007

Ok, here is the latest status:

MythTV works on my machine! Yay!

I had to fiddle around a bit, but got it working eventually. I hvae
tested LiveTV, tomorrow we will find out if recording works as well (I
expect it will).

I _think_ there might be an issue with the initialisation of the
PVR-500 card. At first, neither mythtv nor mplayer would get a picture
from my pvr-500 card.
I did this:
First, I tested with MythTV -> LiveTV -> no picture.

pvr250-setchannel 196.25
pvr250-setchannel -t
pvr250-setchannel -m 4
pvr250-setchannel -g 720x576

and tested with 'gmplayer -cache 8192 /dev/cxm0' after each, and only
after the last one did mplayer give me a picture.

After that, MythTV had no problems getting LiveTV to work.

Another thing, I have changed /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mythbackend to be a
bit more like the other startup files, now it uses a pidfile, and gives
you a backend logfile. See attached file.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen