pwcbsd and Logitech Quickcam Chat

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:27:26 UTC 2007

On 2/25/07, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 06:42:20PM +0000, germain le-chapelain wrote:
> >  > Torfinn Ingolfsen
> >  >
> >  > On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:04:10 -0700
> >  > Kevin Downey <redchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > > prospero# spca5shot -i -d /dev/ugen0
> >  > >  Devices not found !!
> >  > > Not found SPCA50x based usb camera, or Permission denied
> >  >
> >  > Ok, then it seems that your webcam isn't spca5xx based.
> >  > Time for you to find out whichchipset it really have...
> >  >

> > our device is actually supported, spca port isn't aware of it, at might
> > has been released after.
>
> this is already handled in multimedia/linux-gspca-kmod,
> and i would suggest you to upgrade to that
>
> cheers
> luigi

I have my quickcam chat working with vlc's v4l and the above mentioned
port. The video I am seeing is qcif(176x144) when logitech claims the
camera does cif(352x288) natively and the n uses software to scale up
to 640x480. Given the picture quality I dunno that I'd want to scale
it up to 640x480, but if I could get cif out it that would be nice.
--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.