Envy24 under FreeBSD

Konstantin Dimitrov kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 18:51:37 UTC 2007

Joe,

here is the status for M-Audio cards:

M-Audio Delta Dio 2496 (discontinued product), M-Audio Audiophile 2496
and M-Audio Audiophile 192 are working.

M-Audio Revolution 5.1 works too, but Oliver Hartmann reported, that
he experiences very low output volume level and all tests till now
point, that it is the Revolution 5.1 hardware limitation, but we are
still testing, so nothing is sure yet.

M-Audio Revolution 7.1 - the driver has code for that, but it's
untested due to lack of access to Revolution 7.1 hardware, there are
good changes that the code will work without additional patching, but
anyway you can thing for Revolution 7.1 as supported card.

all other M-Audio cards are not supported at the moment, but that
doesn't mean that it's impossible to add support for them.

because you are going to buy new card, i strongly recommend to look at
Audiotrak cards.