snd_hda, sound in both speaker and headphones

Anders Nordby anders at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 22 13:13:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 08:22:41PM +0800, Ariff Abdullah wrote:

>> ~/>grep XW43 /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/hda/hdac.c
>> #define HP_XW4300_SUBVENDOR     HDA_MODEL_CONSTRUCT(HP, 0x3013)
>>                 if (subvendor == HP_XW4300_SUBVENDOR) {
>>

>> /usr/sbin/mixer only recognise "vol, pcm, line, mic, cd, rec"
>>

>> I recompile with "cd /usr/src/sys/modules/sound/; make clean
>> cleandir; make &&  make install"
> Grab that file again and retry. If the speaker still doesn't appear,
> send me another verbose dmesg.

Did this speaker fix find its way to -stable? Do you have a patch that
can be applied to -stable?

I find myself having problems trying to turn off the speaker. I have to
plug my headset in the front of the PC to make it go off -- but of
course I prefer to plug it in the back. :-)

Bye,

--
Anders.