SB Live 5.1 Digital - sysctl ?

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.com
Thu Jun 21 10:32:30 UTC 2007

> Is there a sysctl switch to change between digital and analog
> mode on the emu10kx driver for the SB Live 5.1 Digital sound
> card yet? For now I have been manually changing line 2510 of
> emu10kx.c  from "emumix_set_mode(sc, def_mode);" to
> "emumix_set_mode(sc, MODE_DIGITAL);" every week when I csup
> the latest sources. I feel this would be a great addition.

I'm working on final testing of my patches. Changes include full use of
FreeBSD mixer
(no more dev.emu10kx.0._XXXXXX sysctls) and mode switch. There will be
no support
of 5.1 on Live! cards, unfortunately (I have this card but can't get 5.1
sound out of it).

I hope to push it into CVS before 7.0.

Yuriy