Follow up: Sound in multiple Linux progs

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 15 02:41:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 03:19:06 +0100
"Alexandre Vieira" <nullpt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/15/07, Ariff Abdullah <ariff at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:29:35 +0100

> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2006-June/002177.html

> > > Alexander,
> > >
> > > As I said in the initial post, vchans don't have any effect. As
> > > far as my technical knowledge about freebsd and the linux
> > > emulation I'm pretty sure that if you have a linux application
> > > that is using /dev/dsp* any other linux application won't be
> > > able to use /dev/dsp*.
> > >
> > > If you have a freebsd native application using a /dev/dsp* then
> > > a linux application is able to use it if I have virtual channels
> > > left, and vice versa.
> > >

> > Let me guess, is this on 6.x?
> >
> Sorry not to mention. Yes it's 6.2-STABLE from 26 May. But let me
> add that since 5.2.1 it works the same way.

I think I know why, but first, try using binary modules or
applying patch from http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/ .

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........