FreeBSD Port: multimedia/vlc-devel

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Jun 8 01:38:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:35:59 -0500, <soul_rebel at bsdforen.de> wrote:

> hi!
> just wanted to let you know that vlc-devel build fails on my system
> (6.1-stable) with 'sdl-1.2.11,2' :
>
> checking for sdl12-config... no
> checking for sdl11-config... /usr/local/bin/sdl11-config

We do not have sdl11-config any longer. I am guessing that you always
overwrite the old stuff at the each update without uninstall old one
first? or do you have multi-version of ports installed at the same? The
pointyhat can't reproduce it and my system only has sdl-config.

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-latest-logs/vlc-devel-0.9.0.20070501_3,2.log

=======================================
checking for sdl12-config... no
checking for sdl11-config... no <-- here
checking for sdl-config... /usr/local/bin/sdl-config
checking SDL/SDL.h usability... yes
checking SDL/SDL.h presence... yes
checking for SDL/SDL.h... yes
checking SDL/SDL_image.h usability... yes
checking SDL/SDL_image.h presence... yes
checking for SDL/SDL_image.h... yes
=======================================

Cheers,
Mezz

> checking SDL11/SDL.h usability... no
> checking SDL11/SDL.h presence... no
> checking for SDL11/SDL.h... no
> checking SDL.h usability... no
> checking SDL.h presence... no
> checking for SDL.h... no
> configure: error: The development package for SDL is not installed.
> Please install it and try again. Alternatively you can also configure
> with
> --disable-sdl.
>

> thanks for help
>

> greetings
>

> complete log:
<snip>

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org