Problem recording, using <SiS 7012>

Watanabe Kazuhiro CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp
Tue Jun 5 14:59:48 UTC 2007

At Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:02:41 -0300,
Ricardo Campos Passanezi wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 09:49:38PM +0900, Watanabe Kazuhiro wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > If you still cannot solve the problem, try to set "igain" to 100
> > (e.g. mixer igain 100).  This enables additional mic gain for AC97
> > codecs (typically +20dB boost).
>
> That didn't work, unfortunatly.
>
> I forgot to telli in my previous post that I was using RELENG_6_2. Now I
> have RELENG_6 running.

OK.

Your motherboard (ASUS P5SD2-X) has two microphone inputs.  Which did
you connect the microphone to, the rear panel jack or the internal
pinhead?

Can you try to connect the microphone to the other microphone input?

If you cannot do that, we have to try to enable both microphone inputs
by the device driver.  I'll make a patch.
---
Watanabe Kazuhiro (CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp)