[snd_hda] Choppiness under high cpu - STABLE

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jun 4 12:22:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:09:28 +0800
Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Have you tried with 4096 ? Note: this should go into
> hint.pcm.0.buffersize kernel hint, not sysctl variable. After setting
> it (using kenv), you must reload the sound module or reboot if it
> going through /boot/device.hints. The sysctl buffersize is there
> purely as indicator.

thanks for the explanation )

yes, i started with 4096 , when I saw that it was working worse, i decided to try a higher value than the default (16K), so I tried 24 K. 4096 still shows the issue.

the sysctl is RO anyway, and gets reset when the kld is reloaded (I think). I only tried using device.hints and rebooting.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Quantum Logic Chicken:
  The chicken is distributed probabalistically on all sides of the
  road until you observe it on the side of your course.