audio CD's in SCSI drives -- syntax?

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 30 16:38:51 UTC 2007

Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, 29. July 2007, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > > I think it might be worthwhile throwing out cdda2wav as the reference
> > > tool completely and instead rewrite the tutorial to feature cdparanoia,
> > > which is pretty much the state of the art ripping utilitiy these days
> > > (and has been even longer on Linux), works with device names rather than
> > > unit numbers for SCSI drives as well, does in fact not require the
> > > specification of any device by default as it will autoscan for devices
> > > and just use the first one it finds and finally is used as the ripping
> > > backend by nearly all modern GUI ripping utilities.
> >
> > Please try to inform yourself to avoid writing incorrect claims......
>
> Consider the "state of the art" bit a personal opinion and not a statement of fact. :)

Sorry for the typo... I wanted to write:

The code that is _now_ found in libparanoia is indeed state of the art.
		^^^^^^
In 1997, this was also true for the paranoia program. Today, it still seems
to be widely unknown that cdda2wav is state of the art.

Jörg

       schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de     (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/