HDA sound problem on mac pro running -STABLE

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 23 00:40:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:44:38 -0700
George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> wrote:

> I have a mac pro running -STABLE from a couple of days ago.
>
> If I load the sound and snd_hda modules I can play an mp3 file with
> mpg123, BUT even with the mixer vol and pcm set to 100:100 it's only
> just barely audible.
>
> There's dmesg and sysctl info at:
>
>   http://shrimp.alerce.com/misc/delicious-dmesg-verbose.txt
>   http://shrimp.alerce.com/misc/delicious-sysctl
>
> I've tried picking up Ariff's binary modules, and I've tried setting
>
>   hint.pcm.0.softpcmvol=1
>
> and
>
>   hint.pcm.0.config="softpcmvol"
>
> using kenv and then reloading the driver, with no improvement.
>
> Anyone know how I can get the volume to behave?

Try "gpio0" 1,2,3, .. 7, or any combination of it.

My time a bit tight right now, unless you willing to
irc://irc.freenode.net @ #freebsd-azalia.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........