Alsa support

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Jul 22 13:08:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:49:17 -0800
Beech Rintoul <beech at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 22 July 2007, Alexander Leidinger said:
> > Quoting Beech Rintoul <beech at freebsd.org> (Sat, 21 Jul 2007
> 11:49:17 -0800):
> > > I'm trying to port the latest Skype to FreeBSD, but it seems they
> > > have dropped all support for OSS. Is there any progress on
> > > getting alsa supported?
> >
> > We are not aware of any effort in getting ALSA up and running on
> > FreeBSD.
> >
> > Bye,
> > Alexander.
>
> Thanks, hopefully someone will pick up the ball, it's definitely above
> my pay grade.

I looked at getting latest linux skype running under freebsd (didnt get to bother with a port yet). what I have found and some pointers about alsa/oss can be found in this thread

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-July/007112.html

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."
   Justice Louis D. Brandeis