some missing bits in multimedia/v4l_compat

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 22 14:47:50 UTC 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:45:45PM +0000, Florent Thoumie wrote:
>> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>>> Actually i believe nothing in the tree supports v4l1 either,
>>> so this is mostly (only ?) to let ports (apps and drivers) build.
>> Actually, there's at least one driver that uses it (pwc(4) in ports).
>
> sorry i was unclear - with "in the tree" i meant "in the src tree"
> I know of pvc, i have been hacing on it a lot lately.
>
>> There was a WIP to bring v4l interface to sys/. I took it from julian's
>> p4 repo, did some mods in my own and had to focus on some other things.
>> I read some people were interested in v4l in hackers@ (IIRC).
>
> ok if you have pointers to even some partial work i would be
> interested to work on it.

There might be some other places to ook for but here are a few:

- http://perforce.freebsd.org/branchView.cgi?BRANCH=julian%5fv4l
- http://perforce.freebsd.org/branchView.cgi?BRANCH=flz%5fv4l
- recent hackers@ archives (since last summer IIRC)
- developers@ archives for licensing information

I don't have much time to work on it these days but I'd like to hear
about further improvement. I'm looking forward to the day I'll be able
to do video conferencing with my iSight on FreeBSD :-)

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org