snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht(4) MFC

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sat Jan 20 13:19:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 10:04:21AM +0800, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:06:26 +0100
> Christian Brueffer <brueffer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > are there any plans to MFC the snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht
> > drivers? Just read a question from someone who is looking for these
> > in STABLE.
> >

> There is a little chance, but I doubt if there is enough manpower to
> handle the flood of soon to come PRs of quite experimental drivers
> (snd_hda(4) fall under this simmilar sentiment too). Besides, there is
> a slight A[PB]I changes which require selective MFC.
>
> In the meantime, how about creating a port out of binary modules from
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/lowlatency/ . Most people have good
> result with it, and in other sense, increase its reputation as a prime
> MFC candidate.

ariff, do you have matching sources (for releng 6) for those
binary modules ? so we could help debugging the code.

I have a problem with the rec input selection (it always
records from the mic input even if the mixer apparently
accepts the command and remembers the identity of the souce)
which i would like to fix...

	cheers
	luigi