snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht(4) MFC

Stefan Ehmann shoesoft at gmx.net
Sat Jan 20 09:52:48 UTC 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 00:02, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 1/19/07, Christian Brueffer <brueffer at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > are there any plans to MFC the snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht drivers?
> > Just read a question from someone who is looking for these in STABLE.
>
> AFAIK It will be MFC'd but nothing as been planned. I see no reason to
> not MFC it for 6.3 as long as:
> 1. It doesn't hang/panic the system.
> 2. Works for most people... with minimal fuss for the cards currently
> known to work.
>
> Based on my passed experience with the snd_envy24 driver I can say
> that it mostly works... It could use some QA/debugging though.

I've been using the snd_envy24 driver for quite some time now and haven't had
any stability issues so far (except for the verbose boot panic). I only use
it for playback though.

If it helps, I can bring my list of things that don't work up-to-date.

BTW, I'm using the envy24 driver on 6.2-RELEASE.

Stefan