snd_hda, sound in both speaker and headphones

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 18 12:22:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:44:53 +0100
Ingeborg Hellemo <Ingeborg.Hellemo at cc.uit.no> wrote:

> ~/>grep XW43 /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/hda/hdac.c
> #define HP_XW4300_SUBVENDOR     HDA_MODEL_CONSTRUCT(HP, 0x3013)
>                 if (subvendor == HP_XW4300_SUBVENDOR) {
>

> /usr/sbin/mixer only recognise "vol, pcm, line, mic, cd, rec"
>

> I recompile with "cd /usr/src/sys/modules/sound/; make clean
> cleandir; make &&  make install"

Grab that file again and retry. If the speaker still doesn't appear,
send me another verbose dmesg.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........