snd_hda + NVidia MCP51 = reboots

Tue Jan 16 14:15:45 UTC 2007

Quoting Roman Bogorodskiy <novel at FreeBSD.org> (from Tue, 16 Jan 2007
14:12:13 +0300):

>   Ariff Abdullah wrote:

>> What application trigger this? Please send backtrace of debugged
>> kernel.
>
> I don't get a 'page fault', it just hangs and reboots. As for
> application, I'm using beep-media-player right now.

So you are withhin X11 when this happens. Please make sure the kernel
is configured with options KDB_UNATTENDED. This way it should produce
a coredump when a real kernel panic happens. You can then use kgdb (or
"gdb -k", I don't remember what the preferred method on 6.x is) to
have a look at the core in /var/crash.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
When a woman gives me a present I have always two surprises:
first is the present, and afterward, having to pay for it.