pvr250 and MythTV

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Feb 27 16:57:32 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 11:51 AM, usleepless at gmail.com wrote:

> Joe,
>
> On 2/27/07, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:
>> Okay, I think I have found my MythTV problem.... It seems to not be a
>> Myth problem, but a driver one (again, I'm using the modified driver
>> sent to the list recently):
>>

>> # cat /dev/cxm0 > test.mpg
>> cat: /dev/cxm0: Device not configured
>>
>> # tail /var/log/messages
>> Feb 27 11:39:03 mymachine kernel: cxm0: video decoder isn't locked
>> Feb 27 11:39:03 mymachine kernel: Could not detect FPS
>> Feb 27 11:39:03 mymachine kernel: could not config dec
>> Feb 27 11:39:03 mymachine kernel: could not start encoder
>
> the mythbackendlog suggest that you have not defined ( mythtv-setup,
> 3. ). after you have done that, connect this source to your card under
> 4.

I don't understand... I'm having this same problem with cat /dev/cxm0
 > test.mpg even without the mythbackend running at all. This is why
I thought there was a more fundamental problem with the driver.

As it stands, Myth is not seeing any options in the Input Connections
screen (option 4) even though it is able to see my capture card.

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org